obtain, use and disclose of personal information, in accordance with the requirements of the Protection of
Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013 (“POPIA”).
The Company remains committed to protecting an individual’s privacy and to ensure that any personal
information is collected and used properly, lawfully and transparently.
About the Company
Maxima Holdings (Pty) Ltd is a limited liability company duly incorporated under the laws of the Republic of
South Africa, with registration number 2010/012880/07 (“Maxima”/“Company”). When the Company is
referred to all subsidiaries of the Company shall be included under this Policy.
Definition of personal information
According to the POPIA "personal information" means information relating to an identifiable, living,
natural person, and where it is applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person. Further to the POPIA,
Incubex also includes the following items as personal information:
- All addresses including residential, postal and email addresses.
- Change of name - for which copies of the marriage certificate or official change of name document
issued by the state department is required.
- Information to comply with BBEEE.
The information that is collected
The Company collects and processes personal information mainly to contact shareholders for the purposes
of understanding requirements, and delivering services and notices accordingly. The Company’s
subsidiaries collect information mainly to deliver services and extend credit to customers. For this purpose,
contact details including your name, address and organisation is collected.
Information is collected directly from and individual or organisation and not from a third party. Where
possible, the Company will inform specify what information is required to provide and what information is
Website usage information may be collected using “cookies” which will allow the Company to collect
standard internet visitor usage information.
How information is used
The personal information will only be used for the purposes for which it was collected and agreed on. In
addition, where necessary the information may be retained for legal or research purposes.
- To gather contact information;
- To confirm and verify the identity of an individual or to verify that the individual is an authorised user
for security purposes;
- For the detection and prevention of fraud, crime, money laundering or other malpractice;
- To conduct market or customer satisfaction research or for statistical analysis;
- For audit and record keeping purposes; and
- In connection with legal proceedings
Disclosure of information
Information will only be disclosed to our service providers who are involved in the delivery of products or
services to you. The Company has agreements in place to ensure that these service providers comply with
the privacy requirements as required by POPIA.
Information may also be disclosed if:
- The Company has a duty or a right to disclose in terms of law or industry codes;
- Where the Company believes that it is necessary to protect rights.
The Company is legally obliged to provide adequate protection for the personal information that is held and
to stop unauthorised access and use of personal information. The Company will, on an on-going basis,
continue to review internal security controls and related processes to ensure that personal information
The security policies and procedures cover:
- Physical security;
- Computer and network security;
- Restriction to access to personal information;
- Secure communications;
- Security in contracting out activities or functions;
- Retention and disposal of information;
- Acceptable usage of personal information;
- Governance and regulatory issues;
- Monitoring access and usage of private information; and
- Investigating and reacting to security incidents.
When contracting with third parties, the appropriate security, privacy and confidentiality obligations will be
imposed on them to ensure that personal information is kept secure.
The Company will ensure that anyone to whom personal information is passed onto agrees to treat such
information with the same level of protection as the Company is obliged to.
Your Rights: Access to information
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information that is held by the Company. To do this,
simply contact the Company at the numbers/addresses as provided on the website and specify what
information you require. The Company will request a copy of your ID document/company documents to
confirm your identity before providing details of your personal information.
Please note that any such access request may be subject to a payment of a legally allowable fee.
Correction of your information
You have the right to request the Company to update, correct or delete any personal information that is
held. The Company will require a copy of your ID document/company documents to confirm your identity
before making changes to personal information. The Company will appreciate it if you would keep your
personal information accurate.
How to contact us
If you have any queries about this Policy; you need further information about the Company’s privacy
practices; wish to withdraw consent; exercise preferences or access or correct your personal information,
please contact the Company Secretary at the numbers/addresses listed on the website.